Epsom and Ewell Town Twinning Association

THE ABBEY ROYAL OF MONCEL


The Abbey Royal of Moncel was established in 1309 by Philippe Le Bel and the convent buildings were built in 1337. They represent franciscan architecture in its purest form.
The nuns' refectory with its outstanding frescoes, the gothic style charter room, the elegant vaulted cellars and the cloisters with their timber roof shaped like an inverted hull are all set in a 15 acre park


Copyright 2021 © Epsom and Ewell Town Twinning Association